Friday, October 23, 2009

I like the hallway ceiling...

So, most (98%) of my post titles come from the lyrics of whatever I am listening to.

This one is from an amazing CD I picked up called "They Threw Us All in a Trench and Stuck a Monument on Top" by Liars, track four: "The Garden Was Crowded And Outside".

I thought I would just disclaimer the title of this post because it makes absolutely no sense. The following line is "It's just four feet wide", in case you're curious.

Really.

Last night C and I went to Knott's Scary Farm. This is a yearly tradition for me. I'm a major people watcher and I love the amount of work that they put into the event, so I wander around the park and check out the costumes and decor, laugh at the people screaming, running, and usually tripping on their own feet that results in a faceplant of sheer awesomeness.

However, during the evening, C gets a phone call. She's addicted to her phone. I hate it. So she gets a whiny phone call from this guy she was seeing who dumped her, got back with her, dumped her again, and now wants her back again because he's still in love with her.

Except she's over it.

However, being her typical type of emotional feminine beta male, he calls to tell her how much he cares and how much he wants to get back together and he misses her cling cling cling.

She gets off the phone, we keep walking, and about thirty minutes later, she gets a text from him saying "I love you".

That's it.

The night progresses and we walk some more, and then another guy she's seeing calls, and they start chatting about Mr. Cling and what do say in response to his text message. They could not figure it out... but I was obviously listening in and gave my advice.

Which is why he received a text from her saying "I love cake".

No comments:

Post a Comment