Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Badman's woman with that look in her eye...

So, I went over to my friend's house last night. Like the majority of my friends, he's of the "masculine persuasion". Yes, I'm one of those girls. If you hadn't guessed that already, we need to work on your reading comprehension.

Anyhow, this isn't about that.

I spent most of the afternoon thinking about what GV8 said and the general state of my mental/emotional health. The drive to my friend's place continued to be full of me thinking and stewing (with the soundtrack of The Church's "Life Before Starfish", which I'm greatly enjoying).

I grabbed coffee beforehand, and sat at the Coffee Bean outside his apartment, reading, trying to derail my brain. Reading, dancing, and rough sex. Those are the only things that ever get me out of my own head. And, for the latter, it has to be extremely rough for it to work. Otherwise I'm just thinking myself silly during sex, letting my body go on autopilot with no one the wiser.

He got off of work and met me halfway between his apartment and the coffee shop.

I immediately switched from stewing to social, chatty butterfly.

We curled up on his bed and watched the last two episodes of Dollhouse. When we ordered Chinese take-out, we had to stop in the middle of one of the episodes, so I rolled onto my stomach and eye-balled him, kicking my feet behind me impatiently, the legs of my jeans swaying against my skin, laughing and prodding him to come back and continue the show.

And as I was doing that, the thought hit me hard, "Maybe I'm a better actor than I think I am."

No comments:

Post a Comment