Thursday, November 12, 2009

I've been noticing a particular man sniffing around me again, one that backed off when GV8 and I became an item.

When we were "in talks" about sleeping together, I was on the fence. In person, he was charming, he was social, he was attractive.

But when I did not see him for a day or two, he faded from my mind almost entirely, and any thought of sleeping with him only proved to provoke feelings of resistance and distaste on my part.

I attributed that to my (then, casual) interactions with GV8 and my tendency to go monogamous when I find a man that I would actually date.

So now he's back.

And I was staring at my screen, wondering to myself how I am going to relay to him that he is no longer desirable.

That he was barely meeting the bar of my criteria, and now that GV8 has moved said bar, he no longer reaches my desires.

"Dear Sir,

"I'm sorry but, you see, you are no longer attractive. You were somewhat attractive, but now I have greater feelings of self-worth and, having been exposed to an incredibly alpha man who satisfied me on almost every level I could ask for, I find settling for less than that to be too much of a drain on my time when I have so many other things I must fit into my schedule.

"Part of the problem is that I've actually gotten to know you. You can't slide by me as a one-night stand where I can create illusions and impressions that reality does not have to validate. There are no hidden secrets, no mysteries about you that I can draw on with my girlish, feminine brain and add hopeful things that simply aren't there.

"It's not that you're not a good-looking man. You are. You're in good shape, you have decent bone-structure, though, admittedly, you're blond and that doesn't really work for me. You own property, you have your own business, you're successful and smart, we share the same outlook on religion.

"But you're too nice. You're too soft. You don't take reality and beat it into the shape you want. You don't strive with every piece of you for more and take everything you can grab. Your bedroom skills, while I'm sure are above average, will still require me training you, coaching you, working with you.

"...Friends?"



...oh, yeah, I'm going to be single for the rest of my life. If only because I can't apparently can't relay the above sentiment without sounding like a total bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment